Individuals who foster through Red Paw agree to provide emergency foster for at least fourteen (14) days for animals whose families have been affected by disaster. After 14 days time lines will be agreed upon by the client, the foster and Red Paw.
Interested fosters must be:
- flexible, patient, and love animals!
- able to commit to fostering for a minimum of two weeks; most foster animals are in our care on average of five weeks.
- comfortable providing minor health care (oral and topical medications, flea/tick preventatives, grooming, etc.) and to assist with follow-up vet visits for your foster animal.
- able to provide records that your pets are up-to-date on appropriate medical care, cats tested for FIV/FeLV, and spayed/neutered.
- able to say goodbye to your foster when it’s time for them go back home.
Specialty Fostering is an opportunity for volunteers with experience in veterinary medicine. After Red Paw provides emergency medical care to Red Paw animals and they are discharged, we need short term specialty fostering for the animals who need some extra monitoring before settling into a normal Red Paw foster care home. If you’re qualified and interested to be a Specialty Foster, please select yes below.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days of submitting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.